I am thankful for…
- Colorado sunshine, which allows my perennials to thrive free of most fungal diseases.
- The Red-tailed Hawk that frequently perches on the top of the Ponderosa outside my window.
- Room for the large garden we couldn’t afford at California land prices.
- Chickens that lay tasty eggs, eat weeds and bugs, and fertilize my garden, asking for so little in return.
- The experienced birders in our Audubon chapter who are so generous in sharing their extensive knowledge.
- The huge carrots that grew so well in my garden this summer.
- Friends I’ve made by volunteering as a Colorado Master Gardener for the past eleven years.
- Coyotes that keep my squirrel and rabbit populations under control.
- Jays that knock on my kitchen window if I am too slow in putting out peanuts for their breakfast.
- God, who has made such an amazing world for us to enjoy.
How about you?